Sunday, September 15, 2013

Book Review: The Judas Strain by James Rollins

  The Judas Strain, is James Rollin's 4th Sigma Force novel. This story reads like a Hollywood blockbuster thriller. This is a story featuring: treasure hunts, car chase, actions, ancient mystery, conspiracy, and a deadly virus threatening to wipe out mankind from the face of the earth.

Synopsis:

A lethal plague arise from the depth of the Indian Ocean, upon the tide of the incoming plague rides the harbinger of death for mankind. Operatives of Sigma Force, Dr. Lisa Cummings and Monk, boarded a cruise in hope of investigating the origins of this horrible plague. Unfortunately, a terrorist group hijacked the cruise ship, revealing their intention to manipulate the virus for their own purposes..

In the meantime, across the world in the United States, Commander Gray Pierce discovered the first clue to the cure of this deadly plague. He joined force with his former nemesis, a deadly assassin who works for a terrorist group known as the "guild". Together, Gray and his team embarked on a most fantastical quest to discover an ancient secret hidden for centuries, by following the trailer of the legendary explorer Marco Polo.

Can Sigma Force thwart the ambitions of terrorist groups and discover the cure to the virus in time? Or will the history of humanity be forever changed?

What I think about this book:

Since the day I opened the first page of Sand Storm, the first Sigma Force novel, I was intrigued by Rollins' ability to spin a heart pumping, page turning book. As I read more and more Sigma Force novels, I became a fan to this series. I loved Map of Bones, and I loved Black Order. I am also happy to report, I also loved The Judas Strain.

This is a good book, it has all elements required for a great action thriller story, blended with historical mysteries and interesting science (and science fiction). The pace of the story is very fast, just like the previous Sigma Force novels. There are also some minor twists and unexpected moments in the story to keep the reader at the edge of their seats. However, I do have to say, I like Map of Bones and Black Order a bit more than The Judas Strain. This is because it seems to me the storytelling was smoother in those 2 novels than The Judas Strain. Nonetheless, The Judas Strain is an excellent thriller, and I look forward to reading the next Sigma Force novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment